Balloon 5 – 07.2020
On July 9th, 2020, at 9:30 near Stalpu, Buzau we launched a stratospheric balloon for one of our clients. We are happy to report that we reached an altitude of 38km, and the critical equipment performed as expected for the entire flight.
- 1600g latex balloon, filled with approximately 3.6m3 of Helium. Payload: 940g.
- Maximum reported altitude: 38.830m.
- Payload included:
- Custom GPS tracker with APRS (VHF), including an onboard logger.
- Reprogrammed RS41 radiosonde (UHF), sending APRS, RTTY and CW messages.
- Data logger.
- Action camera filming a smartphone.
- Flight data is available to download here.