GNSS Based Timestamping for SST Observations
Synoptes is a sub-microsecond timestamping device delivering precise absolute timing in a very compact package for various world-wide applications. Its hardware design ensures acquisition of accurate timestamps with an estimated error on the order of nanoseconds, while configuration and data output is available via an intuitive graphical user interface.
Synoptes is developed to interface both with the PC and the digital camera. The hardware module precisely logs the timing of a series of trigger inputs and it is agnostic to the type of trigger used. Besides logging locally on the hardware the precise timing of each pulse, it also sends this data to the PC for timestamping any outputs generating the triggers (i.e. images).
Synoptes is primarily designed for precise timing of astronomic phenomena, but it can be used for other applications that require precise timing with an absolute time reference.
Internal tests have shown maximum errors of 25ns, which ranks Synoptes as one of the best timing acquisition devices in its class.
- Performs high precision absolute timestamps at a large frequency domain (0.1-20Hz)
- Tracks all available GNSS signals for maximum precision (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, NAVIC, QZSS and SBAS)
- Low power consumption
- Simple and intuitive graphical interface
- External logging on the user PC
- Multiple options available for user preferences for cost-effective applications.
Download our brochure: Synoptes_Brochure.pdf